Here are some popular jazz tunes that are great for beginners learning jazz guitar:
- “Autumn Leaves” – This is a classic jazz standard that’s often one of the first tunes beginners learn.
- “All of Me” – A popular and accessible jazz tune with a catchy melody.
- “Blue Bossa” – A Latin-influenced jazz standard that’s played at a moderate tempo.
- “Fly Me to the Moon” – A timeless jazz tune with a beautiful melody.
- “Take the A Train” – Duke Ellington’s signature tune, which is a must-know for any jazz guitarist.
- “Summertime” – A popular jazz ballad with a haunting melody.
- “Satin Doll” – Another classic Duke Ellington tune with a swing feel.
- “So What” – Miles Davis’ modal jazz masterpiece, featuring a simple yet memorable melody.
- “Watermelon Man” – A funky jazz tune by Herbie Hancock that’s great for introducing groove in jazz guitar playing.
- “Cantaloupe Island” – Another Herbie Hancock composition with a catchy melody and a fusion of jazz and funk elements.
These tunes should give you a good foundation to start exploring jazz guitar. Remember to start slow, analyze the chord progressions, and work on improvising over them. Enjoy your jazz guitar journey!